This workshop is designed to provide participants with attitudes, knowledge and skills to use data to design, implement, evaluate and improve their school counseling program. Includes specifics for administrators hiring, use of time and evaluation.
Sponsored by UTI and ISCA
Friday, September 11, 2015
8:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Universal Technical Institute
2611 Corporate West Drive
Lisle, IL 60532
- Understand the changing role of the professional school counselor
- Learn how to use data to drive decisions and improve programs and outcomes for students
- Understand the many types of data school counselors use including achievement, achievement-related, standards and competencies, process, perception, behavior and outcome data.
- Design standards and academic mindset aligned core curriculum action plans.
- Design data driven school counselor interventions for students at risk
- Design data driven intentional /closing the gap systemic intervention action plans.
- Learn how to design pre-post tests and other results-based accountability tools.
- Learn how to measure, share and utilize the results for program improvement.
- Learn how to report results using the Flashlight Approach® and other advocacy tools.
A step-by-step guide to evolving data-driven comprehensive school counseling.
Friday, December 4, 2015
8:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Hilton Garden Inn Springfield
3100 South Dirksen Parkway
Springfield, IL 62703
Room: Presidential Ballroom
This workshop will provide counselors with a visual representation to apply to create an evidence-based data-driven comprehensive school counseling program that also achieves RAMP status.
Click here for a full description of the event!
Continental Breakfast provided by UTI: 7:30am-8:00am
Lunch and tour of UTI (lunch provided by UTI): 11:00am - 12:30pm
Workshop: 12:30pm - 3:30pm
Lunch (on your own): 11:00am - Noon
Workshop: Noon - 3:00pm